How to control VFD speed (Powerflex525) over ethernet in Studio5000

tgonz11

I am wanting to control the speed of the VFD within the program. I am not sure if I'm not seeing the tag that controls frequency or what. Thanks in advance for the responses.

It will be in the Output tags for the VFD Called .FeqCommand. See the attached snip. The frequency command is a INT data type so you will need to multiply you frequency by 100 to send to the VFD. So 40.0 HZ will be 4000 sent to the drive.

VFD Snip.png

I assume that you are using an ethernet control scheme. If you have all the parameters set properly to run via ethernet, you need to move your control value into the following tag. I usually have the value Hz (HMI control) and multiply by 100 to send it to the drive. 60Hz would be a value of 6000 sent to the below tag.

[ethernet drive module name]:O.FreqCommand

It will be in the Output tags for the VFD Called .FeqCommand. See the attached snip. The frequency command is a INT data type so you will need to multiply you frequency by 100 to send to the VFD. So 40.0 HZ will be 4000 sent to the drive.
Thank you, I'm having the speed modulate in order to maintain a pressure set point.

I assume that you are using an ethernet control scheme. If you have all the parameters set properly to run via ethernet, you need to move your control value into the following tag. I usually have the value Hz (HMI control) and multiply by 100 to send it to the drive. 60Hz would be a value of 6000 sent to the below tag.

[ethernet drive module name]:O.FreqCommand
I appreciate the response, it was very helpful.