How to convert a PIW speed to a % on HMI

Benm4115

Hi,

Im having a practice with a Siemens MM420, using siemens S7 via profibus, im struggling with the status PIW speed ref. I want to convert this figure decimal or hex displayed on HMI into a percentage reading any tips or help with the code required.
Thanks

Hi!
The speed value is refering to P2000 and when equal it is 16384(4000Hex). Example: P2000 = 50 (hz), speed value is 25 Hz, reading is 8192(2000H).

The simples way to convert to pct is like this (all int):
L PIWspeedvalue
L 164 // Edit: rounded up 16384/100
/I
T SpeedValueInPCT

Kalle

Last edited:

Similar Topics

Hi, Im having a practice with a Siemens MM420, using siemens S7 via profibus, im struggling with the status PIW speed ref. I want to convert this...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm currently working on a servo motor linear positioning system (ball screw). I'm all set up regarding communication between my HMI...
Replies
Views
I have an application using an incremental encoder and then I convert it to degree (0-360) using calculation program. For a while, the calculation...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Me again still learning Rockwell. So I'll be polling an INT data array from a Modbus SE power meter with a L82 (with a Modbus ProSoft in...
Replies
Views
Hello, could someone kindly convert the attached RSP files that are currently used for SLC 5 PLC into PDF please
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom