How to copy program from an old Melsec FX1S-20MR to a new one?

yy_technion

Hi
I have a Melsec FX1S-20MR, which has been programmed. I would like to copy the program to a new FX1S-20MR?
What are the possible ways to do it? I have a USB to RS-422 adapter.

Do you have the software for the units?
if not, i would get in touch with the local distributor and let him look at what you have. he then can give you a quote on the necessary materials to do the job. Do you have any of the old plc programs on disk? if not, when you upload the program to the pc, you may not get the comments and descriptions.
i haven't used it in many years.
james

First of all you will need either GXDeveloper or GXWorks2, if the program has not beenprotected with a password then upload everything i.e. plc parameters, program (Ladder main), Data areas (Device memory) just incase they are holding pre-fixed data.
Only if the programmer downloaded the symbols file will you be able to upload the symbols, If programmed in GXWorks2 or GXIEC then the PLC could contain the symbolic download to re-constitute the FBD type display but that is highly unlikely, not many do or the memory is not sufficient to hold the compressed files for FBD structure. also if it was done in FBD then without the symbolic file it will come back as ladder but very hard to understand as there will be mazny jumps & returns in the ladder.

Do you have the software for the units?
if not, i would get in touch with the local distributor and let him look at what you have. he then can give you a quote on the necessary materials to do the job. Do you have any of the old plc programs on disk? if not, when you upload the program to the pc, you may not get the comments and descriptions.
i haven't used it in many years.
james

First of all you will need either GXDeveloper or GXWorks2, if the program has not beenprotected with a password then upload everything i.e. plc parameters, program (Ladder main), Data areas (Device memory) just incase they are holding pre-fixed data.
Only if the programmer downloaded the symbols file will you be able to upload the symbols, If programmed in GXWorks2 or GXIEC then the PLC could contain the symbolic download to re-constitute the FBD type display but that is highly unlikely, not many do or the memory is not sufficient to hold the compressed files for FBD structure. also if it was done in FBD then without the symbolic file it will come back as ladder but very hard to understand as there will be mazny jumps & returns in the ladder.

Thank you for the reply. As far as I understand the company doesn't sell the GX suite software to individuals. Is there any (preferably not very expensive) alternative to GX suite software?

I can help you download the program, just remotely, provided that you have a computer with internet access and a PLC download cable. I can download the program you need into the new FX1S-20MR.