How to indirectly address via Popups/Faceplates/Screens in WinCC Flex

This dosent make sense at all.

Using the tag multiplexed method I can write to PLC using I/O objects but cannot use the SetBit command on a button.

Because of the way ProTool used to eat Tags with Tag Multiplexing (I'm not sure, but I think Flex might be better in that regard) I got into the habeit of doing the multiplexing in the PLC.

Create the Faceplate you need and create a set of dummy adresses for the data you need then just map the appropriate data for the required instance to the dummy addresses. Depending on the circumstances the mapping can either use indirect addressing or lots of simple code (or JL) if you want to keep it simple for the end user.

Because of the way ProTool used to eat Tags with Tag Multiplexing (I'm not sure, but I think Flex might be better in that regard) I got into the habeit of doing the multiplexing in the PLC.

Create the Faceplate you need and create a set of dummy adresses for the data you need then just map the appropriate data for the required instance to the dummy addresses. Depending on the circumstances the mapping can either use indirect addressing or lots of simple code (or JL) if you want to keep it simple for the end user.

So did I on a S5 project a couple of years back. I had to use WCCF and KTP1000. Trying to remember.....

I used one common screen for motors, one for valves, one for analog measurement a.s.o. By clicking on the motor icon in the process picture(s), I sent the motor number to the mux in the PLC, and opened the motor screen. I also used an object/text list that showed the tag name + description linked to a mirrored object number in the mux window in the PLC, to verify that the correct obj. no was processed. It was much fuzz to make something that ought to be easy, and I still feel like throwing up when I think of WCCF, Galileo and other such HMI cr*p (I am happily spoiled with PCS7 :)).

Kalle

I gave up with it. Pity because it almost worked. Way too much time
Spent on something which should be simple.

I tagged up each screen with real plc addresses, tested the hell out of it and rewired it for each device. Job done.

Multiplexing half works. Some objects only