How to make a dynamic tag for WinCC Alarm Logging using C-Script

D.Scorgie89

Hi All,

What i am trying to achieve is a dynamic tag(Device_1)[Text tag 16 bit] that monitors the state of another tag (Config_1)[unsigned 8 bit] in order to change its text description.

This tag (Config_1) has 23 possible states that all need to be represented in a text format. These states are all numerical but i need the numerical to trigger a text.
i.e.

0 = Relay
1 = PLC
2 = Analog

So as the state in Config_1 changes i need the text in Device_1 to change. I have tried doing this in C-Script through WinCC but C is not my strong point.

I tried using the GetTag[]state and SetTag[] functions but to no avail. All online searches haven't given much assistance.

Please Help.

Thanks