I need SVG icons for Scada

HamzaAhmed

Hi guys,

i need an animated SVG water pumps and tanks to use them in Scada system, i didn't find an animated SVG they are all without animation.

Thanks,

I was learned that animations should rarely be used
+1
Definitely you don't want nice and fancy design. You need easy to understand from 10 meters design. When everything is ok SCADA should be boring and grey.

Agreed, making something spin or animate is not helpful. But, if you need to make it spinny spin, have at it. you didn't mention what software, but most software you can rotate or spin in the software. You can also create a GIF that spins, then use that image.

Animations should be linked to actual process variables.
I.e. prox sensors on a door are used to animate the door. Level sensors are used to animate the level in silos.
If the animations are not linked to process variables, they are potentially misleading. So graphics that animate by themselves are not a good idea.
I also agree with the 'boring' HMI design. As few flashing lights or animations as possible.

Hi guys,

i need an animated SVG water pumps and tanks to use them in Scada system, i didn't find an animated SVG they are all without animation.

Thanks,

Not all SCADA systems can use SVG's so it might be worth mentioning which SCADA platform it is....

Perhaps asking the SCADA manufacturer might be a better idea to see if they have any libraries that can be added on ?

No fancy animations for normal operational modes.. percentage bars, etc are fine. No flashy flash, let it be boring. When things go sideways thats where you want the animated action. To draw operator eyes to the troubled system quickly.

Animations should be linked to actual process variables.
I.e. prox sensors on a door are used to animate the door. Level sensors are used to animate the level in silos.
If the animations are not linked to process variables, they are potentially misleading. So graphics that animate by themselves are not a good idea.
I also agree with the 'boring' HMI design. As few flashing lights or animations as possible.

I have a lot of sensors and silos with tanks and conveyers

well, the worker have to know what fans or conveyers are working.

That's what the text "Running" and "Stopped" are for. A typical Situational awareness approach is white fill is running, dark grey fill is stopped.

I don't need to see a pump impellor spinning at 1800rpm in front of me when I'm walking around the plant for me to know the pump is running.

There is a very good text on this subject of "Situational Awareness" called "The High Performance HMI Handbook". I suggest anyone designing SCADA system for a process plant read this book.

Last edited: