Importing And Exporting Recipe Files To And From An External CF Card To A USB Drive

cmaag02

As the title says, I'm trying to figure out a way to import and export recipe files from an external CF card to a USB drive and vice versa. I've seen a few threads that were similar, but none that had an answer. I'm using FactoryTalk View Studio v13 with a PanelView Plus 7 and RecipePlus. The recipe files are originally stored on the CF card, in the RecipePlus setup this is "\Storage Card2\Recipes". I'd like an operator to be able to press a button to save to the USB from the CF card, or press a button to upload from the USB to the CF card. I don't think the ME DataLogging ActiveX button would work for this, but I've seen people mentioning batch scripting which I've tested and couldn't get to work. I've tried an autorun.bat file on a USB to copy recipes to it which didn't work, but I think that may have been because of how I had my directories setup. In the PanelView's file explorer it claims the drives are D: for the CF card and E: for the USB drive, but in the setup it has to either be \Storage Card2\ or \USB Storage\, so I'm pretty lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

As the title says, I'm trying to figure out a way to import and export recipe files from an external CF card to a USB drive and vice versa. I've seen a few threads that were similar, but none that had an answer. I'm using FactoryTalk View Studio v13 with a PanelView Plus 7 and RecipePlus. The recipe files are originally stored on the CF card, in the RecipePlus setup this is "\Storage Card2\Recipes". I'd like an operator to be able to press a button to save to the USB from the CF card, or press a button to upload from the USB to the CF card. I don't think the ME DataLogging ActiveX button would work for this, but I've seen people mentioning batch scripting which I've tested and couldn't get to work. I've tried an autorun.bat file on a USB to copy recipes to it which didn't work, but I think that may have been because of how I had my directories setup. In the PanelView's file explorer it claims the drives are D: for the CF card and E: for the USB drive, but in the setup it has to either be \Storage Card2\ or \USB Storage\, so I'm pretty lost. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For some reason it looks like the autorun.bat doesn't run at all, I changed the code to output a text file on running and it's never made. In another thread https://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=132480 it looks like autorun.bat works as intended on the same panel that I have. Not sure why this is. Some of the other thread's I was referencing are https://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=126989 and those linked inside of it.