internet remote control speed for controllogix

To me, the problem is less the speed and more the reliability. You can't risk the connection going down halfway through a download.

It all depends on what you are trying to do.

these questions MUST be answered.

what will you use to remote into the plant?
what will the firewall and settings be?
who will have this access and control the user login?

you must have adequate security measures in place before you remote into the plant, otherwise you risk someone hacking into the system and doing who knows what.

our safeguards are in place and we remote into the plant from anywhere.
I had a 1.5 Mbit internet connection at home and it was ok.
if you are planning to edit the program on line it was ok.

if you plan on doing a program upload or download, forget it !
doesn't matter what your speed is. if you are in the middle of a download and the internet goes down, you can turn the plc into a brick.

we remote into a plant pc for things like that.

regards,
james

we remote into a plant pc for things like that.
james

This is really the best solution, and one you should consider strongly if you'll want to make any program changes.

It also means that the correct PLC project is in place at the machine, and you don't have to worry about trying to find the right VM with the right version of software.