[INTOUCH] License issue to start WindowViewer

EddySch

Hi everyone,

I am on application built on Wonderware Intouch 2017 Update 2.
I am not the designer of this app, just have to maintain it.

The application is using 4 perpetual licenses which are activated in the license server:
2023-02-13-19h16-53-modif-Copie.png

Then I must add the Dev license when I need to access System Platform IDE - for any reason (check bugs, undeploy/deploy when app has frozen, etc.):
2023-02-13-19h27-10-modif-Copie.png

However when I have finished my job on System Platform IDE and I want to restart the WindowViewer, I am face to this message:
2023-03-31-19h45-44.png

Message in English: "License: Failed to load FS A2 development license information. FS A2 development license is not available or has expired."

--

It is like the Viewer is not able to find any license to start despite there are two licenses available to run with: Application Server 2017 + Development Studio 2023.

I have already face to this issue but WindowViewer could start after a while, and now it not the case.

I tried several things:
- Deactivate the development license (in case of conflict)
- Deactivate/activate the application license
- Undeploy and deploy the app using one license or the other to connect to IDE:
2023-02-13-19h03-37-modif-Copie.png

2023-02-13-19h03-46-modif-Copie.png

But nothing changed: it is not possible to start the Viewer, always the same message.
Do you have any idea to solve this issue?

Thank you.

Eddy Schweitzer

Are u starting WV from WindowMaker or application manager?
Had u rebooted?

When this license mech works, it works well. When it doesn’t, it a pia

Hello everyone,

@gainworthless,
I do but they didn't know anything about this issue.

@lostcontrol
Finally I asked the support and they reported me a software bug that happens sometimes when you manipulate the application licences.

Actually I started the application from the Viewer.exe. And in this specific case you have to start it from the Application Manager.

That's it. As I am not familiar with the WW environnment I didn't know you can start the application from the Manager.
Very easy to solve.

--

Thank you for your reply.

Bye !

Eddy Schweitzer

Last edited: