Irratic behaviour by FTView while reading counter accumulator C5:09.ACC

nikhilec2007

Hi,
I was trying to read counter accumulator from ML1400 i.e. C5:0.ACC on FTView SE on ethernet.

I am able to read many other counter accumulator but one or two counter accumulator are not reading value on SE.

By some trial and error, I tried reading C5:09.ACC which earlier I was trying as C5:9.ACC and I was surprised to see C5:09.ACC is working OK but C5:9.ACC is not working.

I don't understand what is problem here. If anyone has encountered similar problem in past, give some feedback.

I can think of no reason why the address "C5:09.ACC" would work when the addres "C5:9.ACC" does not. To my knowledge none of the common data providers for FactoryTalk View SE (usually RSLinx Enterprise) have trouble understanding leading zeroes.

What exactly do you mean by "working OK" and "not working" ? Does the FactoryTalk Diagnostic log show a timeout or error for that address ?

Thanks for your reply KEN.
This was few days back and I don't remember exactly whether it was showing error or not in FTView diagnosis but I am pretty sure it was showing a blank box rather a value in contrast to a value with C5:09.ACC.

Today will recheck it and confirm within few hours.

I can think of no reason why the address "C5:09.ACC" would work when the addres "C5:9.ACC" does not. To my knowledge none of the common data providers for FactoryTalk View SE (usually RSLinx Enterprise) have trouble understanding leading zeroes.

What exactly do you mean by "working OK" and "not working" ? Does the FactoryTalk Diagnostic log show a timeout or error for that address ?

HI,
Today again I tried recreating above problem by using address as C5:9.ACC which I was not able to read previously, but to my luck or say badluck, today I was able to successfully read this address.

May be my colleague resetted NET ENI just before I tried this.

There are certainly 20 nos. of ML1200 with NET ENI (wronly mentioned as ML1400 in initial post), and many time I lost some connection and data are lost.

I don't know whether certain traffic can create this kind of problem.
We are not using managed switch.

I have started diagnosing network for possible error.

Thanks.