it seems it works fine but it does copy..........

f117

fsgstgsg.jpg

i use FC81 in order to copy data. i want to copy db18.dbw8 to db17.dbw30....the program works....but the value remains the same........

Last edited:
The next time you want to post an image, then try to use a server that doesnt link to Party p o k e r or other slimy sites - please !

There is a perfectly good image posting facility in this website already, just use it.

I forgot what I wanted to tell you.

Hello F117;

From your screenshot, it looks like you are assigning absolute addresses to S_Data, LEN and D_Data inputs of the block; these should be in POINTER format (position your mouse over the S_Data field, the tooltip will show you what type of data is required).

So, instead of DB18.DBW8 (at S_Data) you should have P#DB18.DBX8.0 (POINTER format: p#memory_area byte.bit_address). Same thing for D_Data and LEN.

You could also try SFC20 BLKMOV for this kind of data transfer. I find it easier to program. It uses ANY pointers, which adds length and data type to a pointer format:
"P#DB18.DBX8.0 BYTE 10" is a ANY pointer to a block of registers starting at the same word as your S_Data example, specifying a dimension of 5 words (10 bytes).
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier
I forgot what I wanted to tell you.
Hey Jesper, I hope it was along the same lines I was talking about....
Daniel

i am sorry JesperMP.......i am new :/ my fault..
@dchartier i know that it has to be that kind of data......but it is not accepted....and then i have tryied to change it afterward but no file type like pointer was there in order to selected :/ smth is going wrong :S

@RGB no :( i need more than a single word :/

Yes, that is also what I thought. I am confused how it is even possible to enter a word sized address, when a pointer is expected. So I think f117 has turned typechecking off. That is not adviseable, I suggest to turn it back on.

Something is also wrong with the data in DB18.
From the VAT we can see that DB18.DBW4 which is used for LEN is zero,
and DB18.DBW8 which is (probably) where the source data is supposed to start is also zero.

my LEN is W#16#2 BUT......it seems that it does take the initial values that i give to it........where do you declare the initial values to the parameters?

JesperMP said:
....I am confused how it is even possible to enter a word sized address, when a pointer is expected. So I think f117 has turned typechecking off....

Type checking does not apply to parameters of type pointer. A pointer parameter, by definition, specifies a DB number and area pointer so it does not matter if it is a bool, word, or real. You can use P# or not, the editor will generate exactly the same code whichever format you use.

Hi L D[AR2,P#0.0]. Yes the bit with pointer adressing seems to have been a red herring.

I just checked the thing with the absolute adress/pointer adress, and it turns out that the LAD/STL/FBD editor is a little "funny" with this.

You are right that you can enter an absolute adress or a pointer adress, and the editor takes care of the rest. In any case the "P#" will never be displayed after you have entered the adress.

Try also this: Specify one adress as an absolute adress (DB1.DBW4), and the next adress as a pointer (P#DB1.DBX4.0). Then switch between symbolic view and non-symbolic view and see what happens.
The adress that was specified absolutely will switch between displaying the absolute adress and the symbol for that adress - as expected.
The adress that was specified as a pointer will continue to display symbolically.

update:
When you save the block, the editor converts the adresses that were specified by pointer to absolute adresses.
So to see the above-mentioned effect you mustn't save after entering the pointer adress.

Last edited: