Keyence IV3 camera tagging pictures saved to FTP server

Casexx

Hello all I've got a cell with four Keyence IV3 cameras that are saving images to a FTP server, we are also labeling the parts with a time date and sequenced part number label that is being printed out after we get all good images from the four cameras. My question is, is there any way we can tag the images with the same information we add to the label so we can be sure that the image we are are looking at is from the part we are looking at. Right now we are just using the time and date stamps but we have noticed that the PLC and the camera times are not always in sync. This system is to be used for quality so that If there is a problem with a part at the customer they can send us a picture of the label and we can find the images for that part and show that the part was good when it left our cell. We are generating the label information through the PLC and sending it to a zebra printer once we get the inputs from the cameras that the images were good.

Thanks

If the images are JPEG, there are attributes in the JPEG protocol that can save that kind of information. Another option would be to "stamp" the label into an otherwise unused section of the image.

Perhaps the simplest solution would be to write a text file with the label information, using the same filename as the image files on the FTP server with a .txt extension appended.

Which approach is best depends on the programming and application environments available to write files onto the FTP server.

After doing some searching I found that Keyence has an AOI to change the file name on the Picture as the camera is triggered. I added this AOI into my program but it is only transferring 7 characters of the 24 total that I am trying to send it according to Keyence this should be able to send up to 64 characters.

1710390738108.png

this is the copy from the AOI that is copying the filename I am trying to send it to the camera the source Target Name is a SINT[64} and the Dest is a INT the Length was originally set to 2, at 2 it was only transferring 4 characters of the filename. I first set it to 10 and then it transferred 7 and still only 7 when I set it to 24.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

I would guess that you need to convert the int to a char, unless the AIO is made to expect an INT array and does the conversion to a char inside.