Koyo Click: Modbus communication with Koyo Password protection?

lifejustice

I have a Koyo Click. I have a software application that I talk to it with. The Modbus communication is working fine....except......

The Koyo Click has an option to password protect the PLC program. You can't upload/download without the password.

I want my project password protected. I don't want somebody else reading the PLC Program.

The problem is that when the password protection is enabled, the Modbus no longer functions. In order to get Modbus to work, I need to open up the Click Programming software, connect to the PLC, and enter the password. Then the Modbus works fine.

Is there anyway to get the modbus to function while the password protection is enabled? Is Modbus locked or can I use the modbus connection to edit the password?

Any help is appreciated.

The password must begin with the letter A and then the Modbus will work. I do not remember where this is in the documentation...

EDIT: This is true for the DL series controllers, I am not sure if it works for the CLICK.

Uncheck the boxes for Read and Write Data to the PLC in the password setup. Setup -> Password Setup