Large Wire Ferrules

There's really no need to. Maybe if you were running a high strand count wire for flexibility so they don't break during torque down or get bent back and left out of the lug on insertion. But for your typical THHN/THWN, etc., nope.

Where are you ultimately installing the equipment?

If it is a domestic installation you don't need the ferrules on large wires, though I recommend using them whenever practical. If it is going to the EU then you need them.

Similar Topics

We have a panel with a 125HP VFD. We need to run #3/0 wire from the disconnect to the VFD & line reactor. The normal stuff is hard to bend and...
Replies
Views
I need some # 2 wire for a section in my control cabinet and don't want to use THHN as it is difficult to work with inside a panel. I have seen...
Replies
Views
This is more of a power question rather than a PLC specific question but it is part of my PLC panel. I had to upgrade from a small 4A 24VDC power...
Replies
Views
I know with larger motors you do not want them to start with a contactor above 30HP or so because they will 'sag' the power in the plant and the...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm digging all over the internet to find a solution for this but haven't come up with anything yet. We have 3 nearly identical machines...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom