Logic Implement issue. Really need help.

yef

Hello every body:
Recently, I am programming a filler machine for customer, But there is one expected from customer really give me a issue about how to program it to achieve their require. What they expected is "Skip feed" Function.

The Skip Feed means that if the filler has a bad Valve for one of the pocket, the feed screw will skip one revolution to feed bottle. What I am use is dual feed screw system.

The main turret table has 18 pockets, the start wheel has 6 pockets. the feed screw itself has 8 pockets..

The main turret table has a encoder. the encoder has been setup that bottle to bottle will give a fine clock pulse signals. and one full revolution of 18 pockets will give a clock pulse signals. two feed screws have their own servo drives. The servo we use is K5700.

what I have done so far is that, I have a page on HMI call skip feed. They can select the valve to skip. 1 to 18. They can skip max 6 valves. If skip over 6. Machine will stop.

The feed screw will sync to the start wheel as well as the main turret. I use the MAPC function to achieve this. so far, I use only continuous MAPC to sync my feed screw and main turret. ( feed screw is the slave, main turret is the master)

But for the skip feed function, I don't really know how shall I do to make it work. My original thoughts was to create two counters, one counter to track position of the valve. the other counter is to check revolution of the feed screw. set the mastering reference position (0) as my valve 1. then, I compare two counts to give me a signal to execute my another pending cam MAPC function. However, if they skip valve 1 and 2 at the same time. looks like my thinking will not work.

I really need help for this. I attach the image here to give a overall scope how this is looks like.

If you can write a simple logic in rslogix 5000 to show me how shall I do this will be better.

My contact email is: [email protected]

Please let me know the solution

Thank you very much

I have Attach the 3D image about how the machine roughly looks like.
If you don't see the attachment please click the following link.
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/attachment.php?attachmentid=39600&stc=1&d=1454040696

feedscrew.jpg