Logix 5000 AOI help

sfindley

I am working with an L61 Contrologix controller, using Logix5000 V19. I recently purchased a communication module and some code that uses AOIs. The problem I am having is with the Logix5000 software.

Everything I can find in the manuals and online says I should be able to add a new AOI using the ADD NEW COMPONENT dialog under File on the menu. I don't have that option in my software. I checked two computers that both have V19 installed and neither of them have the option. There is also no AddOn tab on the Language Element toolbar either.

I tried looking at the software CD to see if this was an option at install that got overlooked and I didn't find anything.

Everything I can find on this forum and Google leads me to believe that this option is standard in the software after V16.

If I open the code that was sent with the module, I can see the AOI and it is in the Controller Organizer, but when I try to add the component to the existing code, both online and offline, AOI is not an option.

Any help in this would be greatly appreciated.

That just it...there is no AddOn Instruction folder. I am looking at the AB site right now. I have CAT#9324RLD300ENE Standard Edition software. Not sure if you have to have the higher versions for AOI support..but it doesn't look like it.

In the code that was sent to me, the program has the folder. If I start a new project or open the one for my existing controller, there is no Add On folder in the Controller Organizer and there is no option in the File menu to add it as a new component. (See attached pictures)

No Add on Folder.JPG No Add on.jpg

Post a picture of the "General" tab of the Controller properties window.

That's definitely troubling. I don't see anything in options that allows you to turn that off.

Only thing I can think of is it is perhaps some type of security thing where it is invisible unless you have certain priveleges?

Look under TOOLS>IMPORT>COMPONENT and see it it shows up there.

Check Project Version

Go to Controller Properties and check the General tab. See what revision the project is in. I have versions 15 and 17 on this laptop and when I have a project opened with version 15 the Add on option is not there. Just a thought.

I would say that although you have V19 installed, the new processor may have Rev 15 or below.

As Daba said if you can post the same screen shot as what I have done.

Mark

Revision.jpg

Thank you Mark for the specific help. That was the issue. I've upgraded the controller firmware from 15.2 to 17.4 and I now have AOI support.