Lonworks to modbus or ethernet

theripley

We need to hook up the existing Honeywell AHU controllers to the new SCADA system. These Honeywell controllers (XL50 series) uses Lonworks as networking protocol.

Using a gateway (Lonworks to modbus or Lonworks to ethernet), we will wire it up to our AB Micrologix controller. We are hoping to send/ receive data from and to the Honeywell controllers (XL50) via AB.

I have never done this before, I have never worked with Lonworks device. Have anyone tried it?

I have used a lonworks to modbus gateway before to read and write data from to lonworks network. Im not remembering the brand off the top of my head, it used a built in webserver

My google-fo is failing to find the gateway that i had used before for Lon. If i remember correctly, tge lon side uses network variable names like predefined tagnames. I remember it being fairly straightforward

LON is a multidrop network. If that is what you mean. There can be multiple devices on the network.