Looking for 4-20 ma Flow Meter for liquid. Flow rate 1200 gpm

Amen, brother!

I wouldn't trust a Ultrasonic as far as I could throw it. And the mag is a good choice, as long as your medium is conductive (otherwise get used to seeing "Empty pipe? on your display :) )

The three big names (E+H, Rosemount, Krohne) are making mag meters that will measure process medias with down to 1 uS/cm accurately, which is pretty impressive in my opinion.

As far as ultrasonics go, I do trust the 3-5 beam monsters. A lot of them even have API custody transfer approval. I just don't trust anything single beam or non-invasive.

Sorry for loading up this thread. It just heavily applies to my field.

Hello,

First and foremost, allow me to say that my forte is specifically flow measurement. PLC work comes as an added perk to that.

I would steer clear of ultrasonic technology. I've seen some that are great, but most are terrible.

My suggestion would be a DWM2000 from Krohne, which is an insertion style mag meter. Runs about $2000, plus $150 if you want a display.

Firstly. The ultrasonic flow meters from Endress and Hauser are awesome... However your fluid must be almost completely gas free. gas en trained in the fluid messes them up. They are a great product but need to be use for the right application. everyone thinks "awesome no piping changes its strap on" but there is more to it than that.

Secondly I agree with a Mag meter being the best Choice. Rosemont, Krohne, and Endress & Hauser all make great Mag meters.