Looking for Code and HMI screen

Dalyjason

Hi, I am struggling with an assignment and I’m wondering would anyone have a solution to this project for me? Your help would be greatly appreciated! It’s an anodising dipping system.

3. Description of functions
The proposed project is to simulate the operation of an automatic anodising dipping process, similar to many processes that can be found in Industry.
The project also includes the use of a HMI (Human Machine Interface) for a status screen to give real time status information on the process.

5.1-PLC Program;
The candidate must write and load a Step Sequence ladder logic PLC program to provide for the correct operational control of the process with the S71214 PLC. Program must be structured using Step Sequence.

The candidate must provide a screen for operation and observation of the process on the KTP700 HMI. Candidate should display knowledge of proper HMI standards, use of colour, information, etc.

Have a solution for you ?
No, and if I had I wouldn't give it to you.
Sorry.

Put in some effort. Try to solve the task yourself. If you struggle at a specific point in the process, then I (and everyone else here) will be happy to help.

Ditto with what @JesperMP said.

@Dalyjason:

• What is the context for this (homework project, job interview, etc.)?
  • The project description mentions simulating the process; do you have to write a simulation?
    • If yes, in what environment do you need to write it?
  • Do you know what a Step Sequence is?
  • Have you worked with S7-12xx and HMI devices before, and the software to program them?
  • Can you describe the process?
    • What inputs (discrete and analog measurements) and outputs (discrete and analog controls) are available?
    • Can you write a state table, with transitions, of the inputs (measurements) and outputs (controls)?
The simulation will be a model of the process itself; the PLC program and HMI will compose a model of the control system (PLC outputs) that react both to the state of the inputs and to the progression of time.

Color standards vary so much that some are polar opposites.

Red for Stopped, Green for Running.
Red for Running, Dangerous. Green for Stopped, Safe(ish)

Follow class suggested color standard. In the field you'll find it can be quite varied. Yellow tends to be Standby/Waiting on next stage to be ready but otherwise considered On.

Good afternoon, as you can add a new type of hmi to the studio 5000 program or as i can search for the drive, i don't know if it's called that