Looking for hands on AB/Siemens training

Ismellsmoke

Hello, I work in maintenance and am looking for some hands on intensive training on AB and/or Siemens.

We have quite a few AB micrologix and compactlogix all programmed in ladder logic. We also have a large process running Siemens, I can't recall the exact model of the controllers but they are fairly new and it's all run on TIA portal and it's all in Function Block which is alien to me. I think starting with AB RSlogix 500 or 5000 might be easier for me, and give me some experience before moving to the Siemens

I'm pretty experienced when it comes to controls and instrumentation, basically everything downstream of the IO.

I really need some hands on training with the laptop, programming software, plc, and some IO/field devices whatever. I'm looking in California or a nearby state. My company is paying, so cost isn't a huge issue.

I'm looking for something fast paced no death by powerpoint.

Also I can't make heads or tails out of AB's training website. Their training calendar is completely blank for me.

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
If you talk to your AB distributor, they can set you up with training provided by Rockwell. It's kind of expensive, but it should be enough to get you going. I imagine the same is true for Siemens.