Looking for ideas on Crimson 3 security

secs

In setting up a HMI on a control panel the managers decided we needed a remote so looking at using tablets. Not a real issue. the inbuilt web server does what I want.

However I would like the operator to be able to use the HMI without logging in but the users of the tablets to have to log in. Is that achievable?

In other words, the machine operator can do anything and everything and has access to all buttons. On the tablet I am using a remote view but would like the users that have the tablet in their possession to have to log in and thus restrict what they can operate so we dont have 2 people trying to turn the same unit off and on

I think its going to depend on how exactly you want it to work. The web server has security options so that people accessing it have to log in, but it doesn't have to restrict functionality. You can also restrict pages to only be for unauthenticated (local) users, blocking the remote people from using certain pages. However, I don't see a way to use the the security to make specific operations "toggle" between local and remote.

2nd what Gomez said; the way we use ours is that you have to login to use the web server but locally you don't have to do anything so that's achievable. You simply set the password for the web server in that section, it doesn't affect local operation.

Within the security section of Crimson you can control the different user groups, and on the buttons/displays on each screen you can set who gets to use/say what. It's pretty flexible. Just take a look at the security section in Crimson 3.

Thanks Guys. FWIW I have just set up a wifi access point in the factory so we can see whats going on at various machines hence we dont want every tablet to be able to change stuff but the local users at the HMI panel itself can.

Obviously from the above I am not the only one that uses the inbuilt webserver so I have another question related to this.

If I create a custom web page etc I know it can display values by using tag index etc but can I have buttons etc to turn things on and off. What I mean is instead of say displaying the HMI panel remotely with limited functionality, I was thinking of creating a seperate page that only has whats available to them to change on it. We need to turn on and off a few motors so just need a button for these and display the status.

Peter

No, I don't think you can create a separate display page for only the Web Server access (I haven't found a way). You only see/control what is on the HMI at that time.

If you're asking to create a custom HTM page to view/edit tags, yes you can do that.
Check out their technote on how to make a custom webpage
TNIA14 - Crimson® 3: Web Server - Custom Site

But it would be a lot easier to just use the Web Server pages with Security Manager authentication.
It's not pretty but it would do what you want (just list of tags and values. security settings allow/deny tag value changes).