Looking for Manual/Software to get program from SSD LINK

JaxGTO

Anybody able to point me in the right direction to get programming software/manuals for one of these?
Eurotherm SSD LINK L5207-2-00.

Thank, Jack

SSDLink.jpg

It looks like that processor was part of a larger system. All Link projects are, theoretically, unique and can be traced back to the person/company that created them via a project number. If you can identify the project number then the originator or SSD (Parker) may be able to provide you with a copy of configuration.

The configuration tool is called DSD (drive system designer) but, from memory, it is expensive. You may be better off finding an Integrator that still supports Link.

The picture is of a Link 1 processor and you might want to consider upgrading the system to Link 2. I can provide UK contacts for some former colleagues who still support link systems but I don't know anyone in the US - again Parker should be able to help you.

Good Luck,

Nick

Edit: Did it by any chance come from a vacuum metaliser?

Last edited:
It looks like that processor was part of a larger system. All Link projects are, theoretically, unique and can be traced back to the person/company that created them via a project number. If you can identify the project number then the originator or SSD (Parker) may be able to provide you with a copy of configuration.

The configuration tool is called DSD (drive system designer) but, from memory, it is expensive. You may be better off finding an Integrator that still supports Link.

The picture is of a Link 1 processor and you might want to consider upgrading the system to Link 2. I can provide UK contacts for some former colleagues who still support link systems but I don't know anyone in the US - again Parker should be able to help you.

Good Luck,

Nick

Edit: Did it by any chance come from a vacuum metaliser?

Thanks for the info. We are going to rip all that out and put in a whole new control system. I just thought if it was easy it might be good to see what it was doing before. That module was just one of many in the fiber ring they have. There are also a few digital modules and 3 DC drives. This machine takes large foam blocks and slices them up into rolls. It is from Germany and it's called a Looper.

I have come across loopers in the past; there are 2 of them in a factory about 2 miles from my office. I repaired one of them about 6 years ago when I worked for a local system integrator but they are newer than yours by the sound of it.

The attachment is a print from a DSE890 configuration and shows what a Link configuration looks like in printed form.

If you have a copy of the Link Project then someone may be able to print it for you to make the re-engineering process easier. I no longer have access to Link tools but someone on the forum might be able help.

Good luck,

Nick