Looking to buy an Omron Hostlink 3G2C7-LK201

downey18

Hello,
I have an ooooold Omron C40K-CDR-A plc that I have to use a handheld unit to program. It's tiny and difficult to use so after doing a bit of research I found the Hostlink 3G2C7-LK201 unit can hook to a pc. I am looking to buy this unit from someone gracious enough to part with it as it is almost impossible to find. Please email me @ [email protected] with any leads.
Thanks in advance!!!

Ya I know, this is turning out to be a scavenger hunt. I am planning on using Syswin. I found some articles posted before that claimed this software worked. But until I can find my hostlink, it's a dead issue....
🤞🏻

Yes, Syswin will work, but it is not a current product either.

The CK series was discontinued in 2002. Host Links were available on ebay, but have not been able to find one there for a while.

You may want to check with your local distributor to see if they would be able to backup your program.

I would recommend upgrading the C40K to a CP1L-M40DR-A.
It is supported by CX-Programmer Jr and has an on board USB port.

Good Luck!

I know negative 2 about Omron, but I have a box labled CQM1-C1F02 Programmable controller that's collecting dust. Don't know if that would help or not.

I don't think that's it but thanks for trying. Here is a pic of what I am looking for, anything in that box resemble this?

OMRON-3G2C7LK201L.jpg

The CQM1-CIF02 will not work with the CK series.

It will work with many of the newer controllers with the
"full size" Omron peripheral port connector.
(C200HS and alphas, CQM1, CPM1(A) and CPM2's)

downey18 said:
I don't think that's it but thanks for trying. Here is a pic of what I am looking for, anything in that box resemble this?

OMRON-3G2C7LK201L.jpg

No, sorry...It's a DB9 cable into a small converter box with a multipin connector on the other end. It's probably as gtusport said.

Sorry to bump an old post but I figured I'd give it one more shot. I'm still looking to purchase this host link if anyone has one for sale. Price is not a problem.

Hello downey18,
Did you try your local sales office?
Chicago (well Schaumburg actually) is the headquaters of Omron in the US.
Unfortunately, I don't posses one of these (not that being in the UK would probably help that much anyway!)
Perhaps you could also try posting on MrPLC.Com...

http://forums.mrplc.com/

...within the Omron section!

Hope this helps

Paulus, I did try the Omron dealer. They were not much help as this is obsolete. But they did seem to take a crack at it. IO Rack, I'm not sure how you found this but thanks a ton!!!!!! Now all I have to do is win it :D

I did a search for LK201 only. Omron's part numbers a little confusing with the host links. The C20-LK201 is a 3G2C7-LK201. The best I can figure is the C20 is the family of PLC's the host link will work with and the 3G2C7 is the actual part number. (There are some Omron guru's around here that can probably give a better explanation)

Beware of similar looking units. The 3G2A6-LK201 looks the same but will not work with your C40K. It is designed for the C200H (pre-alpha) and C500 series PLC's.

Good luck on your bidding.