Lost Step 7 blocks folders

HJTRBO

Hi all,

I reformatted my laptop over the weekend because it was suffering from bloat.
I moved the contents of my (old) C drive over to a portable hard drive. I re installed windows, moved back My Documents and Program Files contents and re installed Step 7.
Now I can't open any of my projects.
Help!
I have since found out that Siemens specify the use of their archive tool to move projects off disc.
Darn it!
Help!

Hi
How did you copy them to the other disk?
If you copied the folder did you have hidden files and folders visible?

Thank you both for your replies.

How did you copy them to the other disk?
If you copied the folder did you have hidden files and folders visible?

No, I don't think I did?

Can you see them in the S7 browser?

I can browse to and open a project in Simatic manager. However when I select the PLC (in the Simatic manger explorer bar) to progress to the blocks folder, the software stalls and closes with an error. My intergrated WinCC components are visible and are thankfully able to be opened and edited from within Simatic manager.

FYI: I am using Step 7 V5.5 on Win XP

Solved!

Installed the hardware update package off the Siemens website!!! I forgot that I had to do that a few months back when I programmed a newer version of the ET200s IM151-8.

Everything is back to normal now. Very very happy. 👨🏻‍🏫