"Mabuhay" Ron Beaufort

theripley

Before I make any statements, I would first like to make a translation.."Mabuhay", in Filipino means "Long live"..

I have read your post regarding PIDs (What is P, I, D in PID?) & it really helped a lot in understanding a process that I am new with..I hope many will follow your legacy, Immortalizing your genius by helping others learn..I hope I'll come by many programmers & industrial integrator in this forum like you:)

By the way, I printed your posts regarding PIDS..But don't worry, it is protected by the copyright at the end of the thread..LOL

Best regards,
theripley

PID = Pipe & Instrument Diagram, or if you meant PID controller, it stands for Proportional, Integral, Derivative.

Off Topic:

SipSip ka:p
Joke lang:)

Cobonweb,

Theripley was not asking what P, I, D stood for. He was referencing the title of a series of threads on this board created long ago by Ron Beaufort who runs one of the premier PLC schools in which he covered in easy to understand terms exactly what each term was and how to understand PID control. Theripley echos the same sentiments that many of us have for Ron and his tireless efforts to pass his skills on to the next generation of control engineers and technicians.

You can find those threads by searching the forum or you can find it on Ron's website.

... you're welcome ...

Greetings theripley ...

I'm glad that my material has been helpful to you ...

over the years I've been blessed to receive quite a few behind-the-scenes "thank you" messages by email, etc. ... I fully appreciate each and every one of those ... while I'm always glad to know that my work has been helpful to others, it's especially nice to be thanked in public as you've just done ... I thank you sincerely for your generous comments ...

along the lines of PID material, take a look at the thread I've linked below ... I hope to have time to "dress this up" as an easy-to-print PDF file and post it on my website someday – but in the meantime, you might find the information helpful ...

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=11761&postcount=6

and finally thank you also, Alaric, for the very kind compliments ...

and of course a word of appreciation to Archie - without whose assistance those videos would not exist ...

Last edited:
Greetings...

I am also one of those benefeciaies of Mr. Ron's intellect in this forum. Have work with Theripley and we both appreciated the efforts he did.

Even his style of "greetings...." was his style.

Sheryl