ME Program Launcher Command Experts Needed!

Dustin11H3

Pre-V6 PV+ Terminal Running ME 5.1

Hello. I have a question regarding FactoryTalk View Studio. I am creating a .mer file for my application and I am using ME Program Launcher to execute a command to copy over a .csv file (from the HMI) created by DataStore Plus to the USB (external). Currently, I am doing this without running a .bat file on the machine and am feeding my copy line with appropriate parameters in the ME Launcher properties box. I want to append a revision number somehow so that this file isn't being overwritten on the USB drive but I'm not sure how to do this because you cannot pass analog tags with strings. I also have a "job name" that the user will enter for different tests they run. For example. User approaches machine and sets job title to AAA. Run test and hit transfer button.

Flash drive should now have:
AAA(1).csv

Run another test and hit transfer.
AAA(1).csv
AAA(2).csv

Change job name to BBB. Run test and hit transfer button.
AAA(1).csv
AAA(2).csv
BBB(1).csv

I am not even certain this will be possible. It's quite complex how things work but I spent approximately 6 hours trying to get this to work with no luck. Any help/suggestions/ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Have you tried an embedded variable in your operator string entry ?

cwal I have tried this. In fact, this is how I am appending the Job title to the .csv file. Currently, I am relying on operators to increment the job number each time. Due to time constraints, I had to settle with this option. If anyone has any further information, I will still take responses, however, my efforts have been moved on to a different project at the moment. Thank you for all your help.