Micro810 w/ LCD Question

Sprucewood

Can the LCD screen for the Micro 810 controller be used as a panel to input values for a program?
i.e. I program the controller using CCW, then when running the machine, have the user input values for that program run using the LCD screen.
If so, is there any direction on how to identify it as the input through CCW?

Its been several years since I programmed one of these and if memory serves me well, you are able to program via the detachable face however, I found it so much easier to just connect my laptop via the USB cable.

I would invest in the USB cable. There might be someone here that would lend you theirs. That face plate works good as a display, and nothing else.

I may not have been clear in my question.
I am not looking to program the unit from the LCD, I intend to load through the USB cable.

What I am hoping to do is to have the machine user input variables at each operation of the machine.

i.e. Tuesday, he wants to press at 1 bar pressure.
Wednesday, he wants to press at 2 bar pressure.

At each operation, I am wondering if he can input the pressure through the LCD or if I require the touchscreen interface to do so.

According to the manual and product page it can be done. See attached.

I have never done that with the 810 but have done it with the Micrologix 1100. If the 810 is anything like the ML1100 I would say away from it. The ML was a major PITA to not only program but for the user to use. It just isn't as intuitive as I would like. I would only use it if I had to and only for occasional changes. If this is something that will be changed often you would be money ahead to just get a small cheap HMI or even a BCD switch.

Go to the RA web site and look for the attached sample code. It might help you out.

810_snip.PNG 810_LCD Sample.PNG

Last edited:
According to the manual and product page it can be done. See attached.

I have never done that with the 810 but have done it with the Micrologix 1100. If the 810 is anything like the ML1100 I would say away from it. The ML was a major PITA to not only program but for the user to use. It just isn't as intuitive as I would like. I would only use it if I had to and only for occasional changes. If this is something that will be changed often you would be money ahead to just get a small cheap HMI or even a BCD switch.

Go to the RA web site and look for the attached sample code. It might help you out.

Ok great thank you I will dig the code a little and see if it's worth trying out or not. I may have another solution now as an alternative.