Micrologix 1200, Problem with counter. HELP!

AndEdtec

Hello,

I have just installed a Exor epad Hmi. It is connected to a micrologix 1200.

I have a Counter that counts how many products have been picked up.

I can change the preset value fine via my Hmi and I can view the ACC with the hmi.

But I can't change the counter.acc via the hmi.

I'm moving the value from the counter.acc to a register ie N7:0

I can see this value on the hmi but can't change it.

I need to change the accumulated value.

I think my problem is the mov counter.acc to N7:0

Any thoughts greatly received

Andy

You have to write to a register then move that register's value to the counter's .ACC.

I am not familiar with your HMI so do not know if you can write directly to the counter's .ACC.

I would also check for limits on the register you write to before moving it to the counter.

I haven't used this particular model, but I have used the Exor UniOP panel. It's been a few years, but I don't remember having to jump through hoops to display timer/counter values. I could be wrong, though.

Mickey covered it pretty well. I Just want to add that you'll have to use a register OTHER THAN N7:0 for this step.