micrologix 1400 dumping program

Howdy Everyone,
We have a micrologix 1400 that keeps dumping the program every couple months. we are not getting a battery fault or anything, just looses it, any one else seen this before with the 1400? thank you.

I've also experienced this twice and on separate ML1400 installs that had been in service for several years. No Low Battery Fault but the program gone. Changed the battery and the problem hasn't re-occurred on either system since.

This seems to be a problem with the ML1400. We've had a few over the years that we've had to replace for this reason. Changing the battery didn't help for us. Never experienced this issue on any other model of AB PLC.

I've only ever had one which did this, and it was due to an ungrounded RS232 to 485 converter with 500m of cable running up a hill to a water reservoir. Always seemed to do it on the weekend as well šŸ˜Š. Found the improper grounding after the 3rd event. Eventually replaced the copper cable with a 900MHz radio link instead. No more issues.

Plus, what Mickey said