MicroLogix 1400 to Click communication with Modbus

forqnc

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
I am trying to communicate between a MicroLogix 1400 and a Click PLC.
There is a great video from AD that shows the simplicity of communicating a Click with the CompactLogix family, but the MicroLogix does not have the ability to import an EDS file.
AD support has been great, but they appear to lack knowledge of RSLogix 500 software and then my lack of knowledge with Modbus is proving to be a headache.
My MicroLogix is the master in the system and I am hoping to use the click for remote I/O. I have tried using a message instruction in the MicroLogix and set it up as a 500CPU Write - no luck and also as a CIP Generic write- no luck. All I need to do is write N7:0 to DS1 and read DS2 to N7:1
The attached pictures
04 30 shows when I try a 500CPU Write then RSLogix 500 doesn't like my addressing of the target modbus address 00001 (I have even tried 400001) for DS1
07 43 shows my CIP Generic which RSLogix 500 accepts but I appear to get an error message back from the Click.
I have a work around which would be to install another MicroLogix instead of the Click, but I am sure this is possible.
As always any assistance is appreciated.

2022-02-23 08_04_30-RSLogix 500 - MICRO TO CLICK.RSS.png 2022-02-23 08_07_43-RSLogix 500 - MICRO TO CLICK.RSS.png

Thanks for the quick response drbitboy.
After I posted this thread I stumbled across this document.

https://www.kollmorgen.com/sites/default/files/Micrologix%201400%20Modbus%20TCP%20Sample%20Program_App_Note%20Rev%20A.pdf

Which states the same as you have I needed to use the Integral Modbus(TCP).
After I set that the boxes in the message instruction made more sense with the information AD support gave me.
Yes I had the channel set to enable Modbus and it is a Micro B, it was the way I was trying to message

Hope this might help someone else out in the future.