Micrologix 1400 to Siemens equivalent.

List price for an S7-1511SP is ~670 USD or 610 EURO.
You will need additionally an Ethernet Bus adapter, Memory Card, IO modules and Base modules.
So a completely fitted S7-1511SP with 24 DI and 16 DO, will cost ~ 1100 USD or 1030 EURO.

S7-1200 is definitely the Siemens competitor.

I don't find programming ladder with it to be any different then RSL500. Sure the instructions may be slightly different, but as far as "getting it done" its basically the same IMO.

The Siemens software is definitely an expense, but once you cross that bridge you will more than likely save money on hardware components. I am still amazed at how cost effective the s7-1200 components are.

List price for an S7-1511SP is ~670 USD or 610 EURO.
You will need additionally an Ethernet Bus adapter, Memory Card, IO modules and Base modules.
So a completely fitted S7-1511SP with 24 DI and 16 DO, will cost ~ 1100 USD or 1030 EURO.

Thats a great price... I would go the TIA (1200/1500) if I were starting out and I completely agree that looking into the future it would be wise staying on one platform

If they ever get the price down on a Compact then it would be good to look at them and not even go with the 1400

Another thought... if you have other equipment on the network they can be programmed with TIA Portal and you would not need more software to drive up the cost more

The Siemens software is definitely an expense, but once you cross that bridge you will more than likely save money on hardware components. I am still amazed at how cost effective the s7-1200 components are.

Another thought... if you have other equipment on the network they can be programmed with TIA Portal and you would not need more software to drive up the cost more

Ok, The Professional version of TIA maybe has a price, but the Basic version (all functions, but only s7-1200 and Basic panels) is just over 300 euro. You save all that almost with one plc... (with our prices here).