Mitsubishi CCLink Qseries question

imaceda

Hello.

I am new here and new to PLC and PLC programming as well.
I am currently tasked to make a VB.NET program
with a CCLink Q80BD-J61BT11N model PCI board
with MELSEC datalink library.

All I understand about about the api is the open()
and close() functions other than that I am confused.
(also the api help file is in japanese
so i cant understand much)

I'm sorry but no info is also given to me on how
they use the CCLink board.
A diagram though has some pictures of another
CCLink device connected on the other end.

My question is:

1. What do I need to know to use the CCLink board
and set it up or get data from the connected device?
2. How do you know which is the master / station device?

Thank you very much.

you can try to download manuals from www.meau.com or if you know what manual number you need someone can post a link (sometimes people have hard time connecting to www.meau.com without being redirected to japanese servers).
related manual numbers are tipically listed in the hardware manual for the card and the reference manual for the software.

Thanks.
Actually I already have the owners manual.
But I am confused on its usage.
This is the owners manual of the CC-Link board
Q80BD-J61BT11N.

Do you know some basic introduction on CC-Links?
I mean just for example:
does the Remote Device connected to CC-Link Master,
sends information to it? or the CC-Link Master requests
such information to the connected device?

Thanks.

For general information about CC-Link, I would try the manual for the CC-Link master module that goes in a Q series PLC (manual number SH080394). This manual gives a good overview of the CC-Link network. CC-Link is based on RS485 so it can have multiple masters on the same network. "Slaves" on the network are grouped into three categories; Remote I/O, Remote device and Intelligent device.

The remote I/O category includes digital input and output modules.

The remote device category includes analogue input/output modules, inverter drives, etc.

The intelligent device category includes operator panels, serial communications modules, etc.

The amount of memory a "slave" uses is classified by the term "station". 1 station has 32 DI, 32 DO, 4 input words and 4 output words. For example, a 16 point DI module will be classifed as 1 station, a 4 channel analogue output module will be classified as 1 station, an 8 channel analogue input module will be classified as 2 stations, etc.

Hello Ushidayo-san.
Thank you for your reply.
I searched the internet for the manual SH080394.
But I cant seem to find it?
Can you give me some URL?

Thanks.