Mitsubishi GX Works2 Timer & Counter data types

PatrickG

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out what the Timer and Counter data types can be used for in Mitsubishi GX Works2. I can make Global Labels and Structured Data Types using these types but none of the timer or counter instructions that I can find seem to use these types as operands.

This is my first Mitsubishi project so I'm probably doing something wrong.

Thanks,
PG

GX Works2 Snapshot.png

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out what the Timer and Counter data types can be used for in Mitsubishi GX Works2. I can make Global Labels and Structured Data Types using these types but none of the timer or counter instructions that I can find seem to use these types as operands.

This is my first Mitsubishi project so I'm probably doing something wrong.

Thanks,
PG

I'm not quite sure what you are asking but if you mean which data types can be used as the setpoint of a timer or counter than you can use a constant (K) or a Data register (D) if it needs to be variable.

Regards,
Dave

Thanks for the reply Dave,

I understand the K and D. What I'm trying to understand is the purpose and use of the Timer and Counter "Data Types" available when creating a Global Label or a member of a Structured Data Type. It seems that the data types are present but there are no instructions that use them.

Pic:

GX Works2 Snapshot 2.jpg

I'm trying to figure out what the Timer and Counter data types can be used for in Mitsubishi GX Works2.

What they can be used for is Timers and Counters.

I can make Global Labels and Structured Data Types using these types but none of the timer or counter instructions that I can find seem to use these types as operands.

I would think that generally you would not actually use those data types - they exist for Timers and Counters.

And what specific Timer / Counter instructions are you speaking of?