Mitsubishi Q-Series Profibus Problem

martinAPD

Hi all, i'm hoping someone might be able to help me. I've got a Mitsibishi Q02 PLC, with an QJ71E71-100 Ethernet Card in slot 0, a QJ71PB92D Profibus Master Card in Slot 1 and a couple of Input and Output cards in Slots 2, 3 and 4.

I'm using Melsoft GX-IEC Developer to program the PLC and GX Configurator DP V7.00A to configure the Profibus Network. After some initial success with the Profibus Network, it now seems i am unable to download my new Profibus Configuration to the QJ71PB92D Profibus Master Card. When i try to download a new configuration, after a couple of minutes of trying the software returns a message of "Configuration Download Failed". Likewise when i try to Re-Start the DP Network from the GX Configurator DP software, it returns a message of "Failed To Start DP". It appears as if the card has locked itself.

If anyone has come across this problem before, and can suggest how to fix it, i would be most grateful.

Cheers for the help

Martin

Maybe i can i worked a lot with mitsubishi Can you send you send me the
an export file of the plc project and the profibus project by personal mail
So I can look at it
If this is your first experience with profibus and mitsubishi there can go a lot of things wrong so then it is the easiest way for me to yust look at the program your self

[email protected]

Attached is a copy of the Profibus Configuration I'm trying to download to the Master. The only thing that i've change from the configuration that is in the Master is the I/O mapping. The previous configuration works, as i've tested it. The only thing i've changed is the I/O addresses.

I've used this Profibus card once before with no need to power cycle the PLC before downloading a new Profibus Configuration, but i'll certainly give it a try. The PLC etc is currently setup in our workshop so its very easy to try things.

I have looked to your profibus configuration
and it looks good to me
But i have wrote some tips in a word document
And maybe it can help you eny furder

let me know

Hi,

The problem I often have is that the DP software needs to use the physical address of the profi bus master card and not the logical address for the card.

If your card is in the second slot of the PLC and there is an Ethernet card in the first slot then

Head address is 2

Start I/O number is 20

Physical slot for project transfer is 1.

Good luck.

i/o mapping

Hi

Can someone please tell me how the i/o mapping is done with the mitsubishi plc's?i can add the slaves to the network but i can not get the i/o to reflect in the plc?

Also what is the differance between gx developer iec and gx developer?when do i used which one?

regards
jaco

GX IEC Developer is a structured programming environment. It supports functions blocks and structured text. It allows the user to have as many separate programs making debugging easy. All PLC devices are given Tag names

GX Developer is a ladder only editor. PLC devices are used directly. Programs are very long.

Both packages support all PLC types.

To program the Profibus network there is software called Config DP. In this software there is an I/O manager accessed by a right click on any slave.

Here is a data sheet on how to configure a system.

Link to file:

https://rcpt.yousendit.com/796464812/fe56acffde9b07a6fe329debc513878e

It will be available for 7 days.

I hope this helps.

Thanks for the posting, It is really helpful to me.
Your post is very interesting and I teach something new over here. Nice information.
My heartiest thanks for sharing.

Profibus Comms

Hi I am setting up my first Profibus network on a Mitsubishi Q series PLC. I just have one Slave which consists of ST1H-PB, ST1PSD, and ST1X16-DE1. When I go online with the PLC and look at the Slave IO Test with GX Configurator DP I get bit 8 of register 6144 on all of the time and also if I turn on an input on the module a different bit number turns on in the Slave IO Test. Can anyone help?