Mitsubishi Q02CPU 2200 Error

GNDiver

Hi All;
Trying to make a backup of a Q02CPU. Used GXWorks2 to get the program and parameter files from the working CPU. The System is on an 8-slot rack with mixed IO including a ProfiBus module (QJ71).
Got a new CPU, powered down the system and installed it after setting the DIP switches the same as the working one (2 and 3 both on, others off).
Power on system.
Download the program and parameters to the unit, have the ERR LED blinking and the CPU will not run. PLC Diagnostics show this 2200 error, which when I look it up in the book starts talking about 'drives', which I find out have something to do with the DIP switches. The combination of switches 2 and 3 indicate the parameters are to be stored in Standard ROM (Drive 4), but apparently this is not happening when I do the download of the program and parameters. o_O

I've worked with older FXnN Mitsubishi PLC's before and all went well by just doing the prog+param download...

Is there a specific procedure I need to follow to put the parameters into Standard ROM (Drive 4)?
Or, did I get a replacement CPU that is either A)Bad or B)does not have this Standard ROM?
Or...?

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Often you need to format the work memory also, is there a RAM card or is it just using the standard ram, whichever, they need formatting etc. see pic.
Also check if the extension registers are used "R" type this is set to either standard ram, ram card etc.

Format.png

Hi parky,thanks for the reply!

Would the RAM card be in the CPU? I see there is a slot for a compact flash card but it is empty in both the existing, working PLC and the new one I bought.

Not sure about the 'R' registers and am also unsure how to check to see if they are used as Mitsubishi is not my usual manufacturer/platform.

It is some days before I can do anything as the system is at the clients and I have to arrange to go there ahead of time.

I wondered what would happen if I was to switch both DIP switches off on the new PLC to de-select this Standard ROM/Drive 4...makes no sense to be trying to write to ROM (Read Only Memory) anyway...but then how is the existing PLC working and would the program work properly if I did? o_O

That means it is only on-board ram Standard Ram drive, if there are file registers then this is shown on the PLC parameter, probably not used.
This is what I suggest you do, power it down, Remove the battery for a few minutes, plug the battery back in, create a one rung program i.e.
------|M0 |-------( ) M1
Compile it, don't create the plc I/O list in the PLC parameters file, download it in stop mode (select plc parameters & program), re-boot if the green run light flashes, go back to stop then run again, this should clear the error & go into run, get your original file check that the I/O settings in the PLC parameter file is as per the I/O modules, download your original program and PLC parameters & then it should go into run.
I noticed you are using a profibus module no experience with this module but I believe it has to be set up using GXConfigurator DP I do not have that utility, I believe there is also another post regarding this module.
Error 2200 is missing parameter.

Hi parky;

sounds safe enough, M0 out to M1 will not change any outputs on the rack system, but I might see if either M0 or M1 are used in the original program and if so change it to something else in case one of the ProfiBus slaves (there are 2) do something with M0 and change their outputs when they detect a write to M1, even though it should be '0'...

So if I read your reasoning correctly, we are going to clear the memory by removing the battery and have the system do some kind of reset by doing your procedure?

It occurred to me that the ProfiBus module could be the issue in that the PLC needs some kind of parameters loaded in order to use it; but, if so, why do they not load with the param+prog download. I hope I don't need the utility you mention to sort this...unless it is cheap/free šŸ¤žšŸ».

In your first post you mentioned formatting the RAM. I did that, even though it was a brand new PLC, and looked at the Arrange PLC memory thinking I had to do something like change a 'partition' in the memory to allow for more space for code at the expense of some timers, etc. Didn't see anything promising there but I still think there could be an issue here based on the fact that when I go to write to the new PLC I get different numbers versus when I prepare to write (BUT DIDN'T..CAN'T RISK BANJAXING THE WORKING SYSTEM!) to the existing one. See pictures attached.

I may get to this later today but it could be next week.

Thanks again.

New PLC w marks.jpg Working PLC w marks.jpg

I have a Q06H processor & used it for testing, I'm retired now, it can be a problem getting a new one up & running, there should not be a need to format memory, my unit is not used often so I remove the battery, when I come to use it, always a problem getting it back out of error, I usually do not have any I/O only a coms module, it almost certainly is the PLC parameter & the program normally you can read the I/O as it should re-populate the parameters as to what is in the rack, however, this does not seem to happen, if you download a PLC parameter without the I/O config it does not complain even though there are physical modules, The GXconfigurator is on a utility disk, this is not free (unless you can get your local Mitsi supplier to "lend" you one), I had a good relationship with the local Mitsi rep & there were loads of freebees As I said, not used the DP card, on most Mitsubishi cards there are two ways to configure them either in the program code or the utility, for example the analogue cards you either read/write to the buffer memories (BFM) in your code or you use the config package (it saves having to write the code). If they have not used the config then there will probably be some logic that use Ux/Gx format.
Here is a link to the DB card manual, however, there are different versions
http://www.mitsubisih.com/pdfread/w...Manual (QJ71PB92Vē”Øęˆ·ę‰‹å†Œ)&brandid=2&DownloadID=0

I have no idea if you have to use the configurator or you can use the PLC code & if the config is held in the module & not the PLC.
Anyway, to get the CPU into run you would need to send the parameters & a small bit of code, once up & running then download your actual program & see if it works.

Hi parky;

No luck I'm afraid.

I tried the one line code after removing the battery (was disconnected for over 10 minutes) but the fault persisted.

Then I tried the clear, format and allocate memory procedures. It completed them and I reloaded the single line code, no joy.

I then put the DIP switches all off so that the Standard ROM/Drive 4 would not be selected and loaded the customers prog + param. Looked promising! There was no fault and the RUN was blinking; however, when I switched to Stop and then Run mode I got a new error - 4100 Operation Error - and the Run light went out.

I thought, OK, maybe now it will work if I put the DIP switches on like are on the working CPU but nope, doing that I get the 2200 fault back.

Very frustrating to have this happen with a brand-new out of box CPU...from your post I am thinking this is not uncommon!? o_O

GNDiver

4100 Operation Error.jpeg

Missing parameter is the the PLC parameter file has not been downloaded or it is incorrect, also, very often if the data file "D Registers" has no data i.e. at zero & there are some floating point divisions this will create an operation error i.e. divide by zero error.

Last edited: