Mitsubishi Simple Motion module 40-SSC-S

doomsword

Okay, I have a very specific question regarding this module. It's attached to FX5-32M, if that means anything, and it drives HG-KN Mitsu servo motor, and it's used to synchronize two motors, said HG-KN which is driven by Melservo JE-70B, and unknown motor driving conveyor, info about that motor is recieved from encoder with 12 bit resolution, not Mitsu product.

We had problem with responses of the system, it needs to be very fast so we can't use PLC to calculate and drive the motor, we use it just to parametrize 40-SSC-S, where we use high-speed inputs (DI inputs)to start and stop the motor.

40-SSC-S is supposed to drive 4 motors at max and it has 4 high-speed inputs. We use two of them, one to start motor, other to stop it. Now, we have problems with getting both of signals to work at same time. We came to think that one high-speed input can be used per each motor, that only one input can be assigned for one motor. And that is the problem. We'd like to use two inputs for one motor. We wired sensors to DI1 and DI2 and we use address mode for main input axis, which means we record address (position) from conveyor encoder, add some offset to it and store it into buffer memory of module and when encoder value reaches position+offset motor turns on/off (offset is necessary because of delay in communication).

So, is this a feature of this module or we just didn't set it right? Is it really impossible to assign two sensor signals for one motor? Also, this thing with address mode was suggested to us by tech suport, but there's also an option to start/stop motor with high speed input, i really don't care what's the position of the motor, i just want it to start/stop as soon as possible when signal for that happens. But when we try to directly start/stop motors, it doesn't work.

So, can you assign more than one high speed input signal per each motor? Also, any suggestion on other approaches would be appreciated.

Just to answer myself, you can use only one high speed input per axis, but you can add virtual axes which then unlock other high speed inputs. We used this trick, now we managed to set the system how we imagined it. Now, we only need to solve actual problems haha.