Mitsubishi "vertical" contact; how do I add this symbol?

AlfredoQuintero

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello Mitusbishi experts, I hope you are bored on Sunday and look at this post:wish:.
I have worked with Mitsubishi for many years and I now realized I was self-deluded with my idea of being "knowledgeable" of Mitsubishi GX Programmer. I have seen in other posts this command but never had to use it before. Now I need to configure a CC-Link/IE Field Basic master, and the sample program requires the use of this symbol, but I cannot figure out how to add the symbol. I have read the manuals that I was able to find but cannot find information about this one symbol, which looks like a contact rotated 90 degrees; not even sure about the name of the symbol. Will be so grateful for some advice.
The GX Works version I am using is 1.600A and the PLC is Q03UDVCPU with the "CC-Link/IE Field Basic" label.

2021-01-31_Vertical_Contact.jpg

In GX Developer you just use the MC/MCR instruction ignore the vertical contact what it is will not show when you code it so for example the bits in the enable SM1700 & SD1700.0 enable the "Master Control Relay" M200.
When you download it to either the simulator or PLC and go online it will show it as Nx (M200) so it only processes the logic between the MC & MCR instruction when enabled.
There are a number of "N" numbers just like pointers i.e. N0-Nxxx.
If you write this code in GX Developer it does not show the "N" contact in the left power line but once in the PLC and monitoring it, it shows up as if in the power line. consider it the same as if not true jump conditional to Pxxx to bypass the code between MC & MCR ("Master Control Reset") instruction.
See pic regarding the code, however, it does not show up in the IDE I have no idea if you upload it again from the PLC if it shows up then.
Also see this video, it describes the MC instruction.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...F01A5F0FEB98F96918A1F01&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

MCR.png

Thanks very much Parky. I will look into this tomorrow. I am already at home. By the way did you send the right video or are you fluent in Tamil? The explanation of this one video is in Tamil but I guess if one looks carefully one can understand what he is trying to explain. Anywyas, with this information about MC and MCR I hope I will get it running.

Parky, if you look further down the manual you indicate to me, you will find additional information about this special relay. it seems it depends on the model of CPU. For the one I am using, this special relay has to do with the CC-Link/IE Field basic master functionality, not processor redundancy management.

2021-02-01_CC-Link_IE_FieldBasicManual.jpg

parky, I got it working!!!
I had to reformat the MelsecQ memory. The Mitsubishi tech support person told me to do this, then I downloaded the sample program again and voila, it works now. Thanks very much for your tips. A screenshot for the record in case this could help someone in the future.

2021-02-01_CC-Link_IE_FieldBasicOK.jpg

It's good to know what cured the problem, one thing confused me a little it the "D" register 17000 bit 0 I did not read about what this is used for in CC link, however, as a redundant system this increments on tracking error, however, it appears that in CC link bit 0 corresponds to station 1 active, I wonder if this register got corrupted and stopped it communicating & formatting the memory cleared the corruption, interesting....

The PLC was brand-new out of the box. I guess this would be required for an new PLC. So far I had only worked with used ones.

Ah... Yes, probably had random data in some of the registers. I have had this when a battery was removed from a previous use as a test rig, put the battery back in, downloaded the program but would not run, in my case could not get it to come out of stop, error message said internal error but no information so I suspect that some of the special memories used for diagnostics had random data in them.