Modbus Codesys - ABB >> Siemens

naturephoenix

I would like to test/reach data from Siemens SENTRON PAC3200 measuring device from ABB PLC AC500 PM 590 - ETH . Hardware devices I owe now are:
AC500 PLC ABB ( Master )
Siemens SENTRON PAC3200 ( SLAVE )

I wonder is there any additional hardware equipment necessary to accomplish this what I do want.
I know if I want to have SIEMENS PLC as a Master I need to buy additional module for this purpose. What is a case with ABB PLC ?

I have found something like Ethernet adapter, but I'm not sure is this adapter really necessary to establish connection via MODBUS TCP/IP protocol between ABB PLC and Siemens device.

Any help is welcome!

Last edited:
We do this often with a S7-1200 or S7-1500 PLC using Modbus TCP/IP. So there is no need for special Profinet module for the PAC3200.
It is regular Modbus TCP/IP code for the ABB AC500 end which is no big deal.
the only thing you have to watch out for is the Energy registers. They are 64bit registers measuring Wh. I think the AC500 does not support Long integers. The work around I am doing for that is to setup the PAC3200 so that one of its Universal counters is linked to a DO pulse output (1pls/kWh). That way instead of reading the energy register I read the Universal counter register which is 32bit long.
You should also consider that you have setup the Modbus TCP/IP protocol at the AC500 end with the correct byte order. I think there is a setting for that.

Regards

Nik

I have downloaded Modbus Poll software ,so I can siulate SERVER and client.

In my example Server is PC with IP - 192.168.0.17
SLAVe is PLC 192.168.0.99

I manage to connect to MASTER NETWORK with Modbus Poll software
with following settings
Connection : MODBUS TCP/IP
Remote Modbus server, IP : 192.168.0.99 port 1201

Setup settings inside Modbus Poll software ( read/writte)
Slave_ID :1
Function: Read holding registers
Adress : 0
Quantity : 1
Scan rate: 1000ms

But read/writte is not working

Inside PLC I am using ETH_MOD_MAST function.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=33x813l&s=9#.V1lziqKvySk

My Variables are inside PLC:
DATA_WRITE AT %MW0.0 : WORD; (this value i am trying to transfer)
rest of variables are inputs and outputs of the "ETH_MOD_MAST" function

view.php

Any help, I can give all settings inside PLC. But its nutin beside this function and the IP adress

Last edited: