Modbus+ proxy (TCSEGDB23F24FA)

davexr

HI all,
i looked through the threads and didn't see anything that was close to my problem. hopefully someone will have an answer. I am trying to setup the schneider modbus+ proxy. i am unable to make any changes. i am, able to connect to it and see the Java webpage, but all of the setup tabs are greyed out. when i hover my mouse over the item it shows a line under it and when i click on it it brings me to a new page with just the name that was underlined appearing. the web page shows, in the url, a triangle with an exclamation mark in it. it also shows "not Secure". i'm not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. Been fighting with this most of the day. if anyone has any ideas i could really use the help.
Thank you

These older Schneider products used Java in the config pages. You might need an old XP VM with an ancient version of Internet Explorer to get these to work.

Don't have any details sorry.

You could check and see if there are any firmware upgrades for this device

I have had mixed results using Edge browser with Internet Explorer compatibility mode turned on and with java settings enabled to access webpages of older devices (no experience with yours in particular).

It's pretty easy to try if you have a PC with Edge handy.

To set up Ensure you are accessing the Schneider Modbus+ proxy via a secure connection (HTTPS). The "not Secure" message might be related to browser security settings. I hope this will work for you.

If you have too new java, then you usually have problems.
Java security needs set to minimum and on policy editor you maybe need to allow allmost everything.

Also browser vversion can be problem. Too new browser and again problems.
Even old windows version can have same java security problems on connection.

Sorry everyone, its been really hectic holiday season. Thank you all for your information and ideas. i was thinking it was probably due to having old equipment. thanks again and Happy New Year!