Modbus RTU to Ethercat

dwoodlock

Lifetime Supporting Member
Just curious if anyone has been down this road before?

Considered using one of the anybus gateway adapters, experience with them.

Master commands coming through modbus, being converted to ethercat because modbus is old.

Just because it is old would not be enough reason for me to go down the route of adding a protocol converter. A protocol converter will add short a delay to all signals so you need to make sure the system will still work after it’s added.

If you add a new device that only does Ethercat and you keep the other device that only does Modbus RTU then you have no choice but to add a converter.

Yeah, I just hate the idea of adding a device to do protocol conversion. Based on my previous life in manufacturing it just adds unnecessary complexity and muddies the waters.