Modicon BM85

Can anyone please help with configuering a Modicon BM85 .Persently we have a BM85 reading from a modicon PLC on the modbus plus port,and is connected to a honeywell PLCG gateway via port 1.Is there any special software required?If so how can I get it and what is the procedure .
Thanks Khameed.

Hi mike, thank you for replaying, i already know how to connect to the BM85 via Hyperterminal or ProWorX 32. My problem here is how to root map correctly to have a valid communication between the DCS and the Modicon via the BM85.

From your PLC, route the MSG instruction as follow:
BM85 Modbus Plus adress/ bm85 serial port#/ Slave adress

The serial parameters between the bm85 serial port and the slave
must be the same.

Hi mike,

let me explain the problem here, a few days ago we had a working connection between the DCS and un modicon PLC via BM85. then we had a power failure and when it was working again we lost the data from PLC to the DCS. The PLC is working just fine but the data does not seems to be rooted properly to the DCS via the BM85. I suspected that the BM85 lost his configuration when the power went out and when i connected to it, there was no modbus address map configuration present. So i figured that was the problem. But i have have a problem figuring out how to configure correctly the table entry for port 1 (See attached).

The BM85 switch is set to the address 5, and connected to port 1. For a table entry, what should i enter as a modbus address and destination address?

Thank you

Modbus address Map.jpg