Modicon M221 EcoStructure Machine Basic %MW Memory

ControlSystems

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello Everyone,
Is there a procedure in the Schneider EcoStructure Machne Basic program to save the controllers runtime memory word data (ie %MW1) values prior to performing offline program edits?. My controller configuration has the "Memory synchronized to non-volatile memory" option checked... However, my efforts to save the online values fail once the controller logoff option is selected. This results in losing operator setpoints and other totalized historical data when the offline edits are downloaded back to the controller. What am I missing here??

There is little wrench icon above online button. Before going online, click icon and uncheck "Clear %M and %MW objects".
After that offline project (full download) won't anymore reset variables.

Chud's example is for maintain values after every cold start.

Thank you both Chud & Lare

Lare, I didn't even know the Wrench Icon was a tool bar button! I thought it was there for the tools shown below. Thank you both for the posts. The %MWxx memory backup system tool video was very helpful also. We will automate the scheduled save of PLC values from our SCADA application then add a "Restore PLC Data" button on the SCADA maintenance window.
(y)

Lare, I didn't even know the Wrench Icon was a tool bar button! I thought it was there for the tools shown below. Thank you both for the posts. The %MWxx memory backup system tool video was very helpful also. We will automate the scheduled save of PLC values from our SCADA application then add a "Restore PLC Data" button on the SCADA maintenance window.
(y)

Yeah, it is hided pretty well. Taked months to notice at first time. It was writed somewhere on help files, that there is setting for download. 🔨

Flashing settings is still good idea, even that cold restart is unusual normally.