Modicon M580 Modbus Register Mapping

iotguy

Hi all,

I'm really new to this. I need to export the Modbus register mapping from a Modicon M580 through Control Expert for the registers that will be accessed by an external application but I cannot see an obvious way to do this. Is this possible?

In control expert you can sort the variable section of the data editor by the address column. Then click on the first tag with a register that you want to export then shift + select to the last one in the range you want (the tags will be highlighted black after this). Right click and choose export selected. Save file with dialog that pops up and I recommend changing the file type it exports to from .XSY to .TXT for what you are trying to do.

Thanks Jim,

I'm seeing more registers that are being used than what is mapped to variables. I'm assuming not everything needs to be mapped to a variable and then each needs to be exported individually?

Thanks Jim, if not every variable has to be mapped to an address in Control Expert that probably explains it.