My first program in FBD (Zelio)

Gianni86

Hello,

I am using ZelioSoft. Attached you will find the program. The system has 4 sensors and their combination activates 3 motors.

In simulation:

pe1=ON, pe2=OFF, prx1=ON, prx2=ON
Manual switch=ON
Cycle= ON and OFF (momentary)
2 motors go ON. Because the motors are activated :
prx1 and prx2=OFF, then, pe1=OFF because the object is transferred, then pe2=ON because object reached the other point,
then PRX1 and PRX2=ON because motors reached their initial position. Subsequently motors stop.

This enables the third motor: Once this occurs, pe2=OFF and pe1=ON.

In order for the full cycle to occur again I will have to press Cycle.

My problem is, by using the up-down counter I can do the full cycle if the program starts from the point where the two motors go ON. However, when I try to do a full cycle starting the program from the point where the one motor will go ON, it will only do the half step, and wait for me to press cycle again.
So, when former occurs, the cycle will start from A on to B then back to A.
Whereas, when the latter occurs, the cycle starts from B on to A, then waits for me to press Cycle again.

Any ideas how to do a full cycle regardless of whether the program starts from point a or b?

Regards,
Gianni

Never used zelio or fbd but could you try a step engine? On power up write 10 to a register. That is step 1. Use a compare against your step engine register. When you complete step 1 write 20 to your step engine register. That is step 2 etc.

Step 1...
If step engine = 10
Then do step 1
Has step 1 completed?
If yes the move 20 to step register

Step 2...
If step engine = 20
Then do step 2
Has step completed?
If yes then move 30 to step register

Step 3...
Etc. etc.

When doing your steps try to avoid setting the resetting the output bits from within the step (you can of course if you want to). Instead use marker bits (work bits). For example if you wanted a motor to operate in steps 4 and 10 then have 1 marker (work) bit for step 4 and another separate marker (work) bit for step 10. At the end of your program you "or" these 2 bits to solve the output.

Hope this helps and gives you a snap on an alternative (and a very handy) programming method.