NASA lands the Curiosity Rover on Mars

If there is intelligtent life on mars, are we sure that they dont think this is the first battle-mech of an invasion force from earth ?
I mean, it looks pretty menacing, and it shoots a laser that can vaporise rocks (and thus martians) !
We wouldnt start an interplanetary war, right ?

First Photo:

mars-3.jpg

They could actually be running PLC code on the Curiosity !
The system runs on VXworks, which is a comercially available realtime OS, and for which there is at least one IEC61131-3 runtime available.

Similar Topics

http://www.space.com/news/nasa-joins-toyota-probe-100330.html Kind of curious as to what they find out thought it may peak some interest
Replies
Views
I have recently run into an HMI ... more SCADA ... that has been programmed using the Tycoon-2 language. I have memories of this language but...
Replies
Views
Dear, I need to check if the panel holes M20 are suitable for cable glands for 3x1.5mm2 cables and if M20 panels holes are suitable for cable...
Replies
Views
Hi I need to terminate flat Asi cable into a panel. Is a standard 20mm skintop type gland suitable or can you get an insert to match the Asi...
Replies
Views
What do you guys use in the US for multi-conductor cable glands? I see them on European machinery all the time, and I'd like to find a US source...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom