Natural Gas flow with ML1400

Mick,
thats what has me stuck . As to how and where to use temp and pressure I have no clue ?
I've never done a NG site so this is all French to me.
I keep being told that a flow computer is only way to do this, but the old system that was in place only had DP, temp, psi, and plate size. So it can be done.

yMYU+gCke4qvKzgSocgSocgSqExisg8xWfXR6GeRQ5bN6jJIfCh1UUQJUM4qSiEV8FMaAiPSS+ltL1Urs3jPv2MzCXs6ERX+U52YIjHE6rEnwzvkzEuMwkrvjKd+AF6oZiv583dHYYihquZ8SDzSY6qUjEV3YWWcwnh8QD1nSIIR5sLrmTikZ8pbS6r8IDNnGIeLBZNF8B6caA6H5v3cuyR9QDNvVq7wpQhSNQhSNQhSNQhSNQhSNQhSNQhSNQhSNQhSNbqQIeZH1VwG5AFY5AFY5AFY5AFY5AFY5AFY5AFY5AFY5AFY5AFY5AFY5AFY5AFY5AFY5AFY5AFY78A3ZsoqLUj0dXAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

mgrUK+4cQ6hSqbr1Xs2cfNZNPc663Gdnf5i1PdcXBTxccYNU+cyvOq599vJnuXz5XdTT83gZGrYpN5UvX86Bq+k+zAYoDsgACQHRAAsgMCQHZAAMgOCADZAQFeJTsAbvN82QHwLCA7IABkBwSA7IAAkB0QALIDAkB2QADIDggA2QEBIDsgAGQHBIDsgACQHRAAsgMCQHZAAMgOCADZAQH+A0Oi5THA7CKlAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

It definitely *can* be done, but you are going to need more than just dp, temp, psi, and plate size. You said earlier that a bristol babcock flow computer was being used, so I dont understand why you are saying it was being done with only those 4 parameters.

Either way here is a aga3 calc that someone built for contrologix. If you have logix5000 perhaps you can take a look at this and it will point you in the right direction on what you need to do.

http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=20910

I still stand by my comment that a flow computer is the right tool for this job.

I have done it in a PLC5. But I had the luxury of having an old Dos based software for generating a coefficient. The operating parameters are reasonably constant. Not custody transfer but good enough for local status.
Run and orifice size where never changed.

If you can provide the normal operating parameters I can generate a coefficient ( or coefficients for different orifice sizes for you)

Operating pressure PSIA
Temperature
Normal differential ( if there is one)
Upstream or downstream taps
Gas composition:
Specific Gravity
CO2
N2
Run and orifice size.

Or e-mail you the small executable program ( but most people don't like downloading .exe files from unknown sources, I dont' do it)

See PDF below.

Run was not in service at the time of this snap shot.

Last edited:
How did you make out? Fisher floboss 107 would work good as well. But I am interested if you were successfull??