Need a program back-up for an Omron Sysmac C28K

biederboat

Hey all,

Hopefully I can get some help here; trying to help a friend get a program backed-up on his C28K which, obviously, is quite old. In searching, it looks like we would need a 3GC7-LK201 "module" which looks to be cost prohibitive, plus some software. Are there any options to just have someone come out, pull the program and, ideally, print it out so that we have some copy or format into another brand so that we can import it when that day may inevitably come when his cashes?

We have put in a new battery so we're good there. I appreciate any input. He is located near the Portland, OR airport if someone knows a company that could possibly do this.

Thanks,
BB

The C--K product was discontinued in 2002.

You are correct, a HostLink unit is required to connect a computer. You will need to use SysWin software, which has also been discontinued for several years.

There are still a lot of C--K units in the field.

The handheld unit would be a 3G2A6-PRO15-E.
As mentioned above this would be time consuming, but it works.
The PRO15 also allows you to back up the program to cassette tape.

Good Luck.

Expanding on what gtsuport and James Mcquade said, the manual in the 1st link on page 170 shows 2 different hand-held programmers. Search ebay to find a reasonably priced unit.

Last edited: