Need EDS file for RSLinx

bilalfraz

Hello,

I am using Control Logix system and I need to connect to Ethernet network through "Hirschmann" media converter. Now the problem is that I don't have EDS file for this device so I see it as a unrecognized device in RSLinx and cannot browse through it. Can anyone tell me where can I find the EDS file for it.l

I don't know of any media converters (like fiber/twisted pair) that require EDS files.

What exact Hirschmann product are you looking at ?

bilalfraz said:
Its an unmanaged industrial ethernet switch. Model number is RS2-5TX.

Ken is right, those don't have or require EDS files. To the processor, the hirschmann switch is just an invisible part of the Ethernet communications path.

Since your Ethernet switch is unmanaged and transparent to the protocol, the device showing up as "Unrecognized Device" must be something else.

Try typing the IP address of that device in to a Web browser to see if you can learn its identity that way.

Hint: RSLinx 2.51 has a "upload EDS" function that can pull the EDS file from any new ControlLogix network module.

All other EDS files for Rockwell Automation products can be found at:

www.ab.com/networks/eds