Need help....Anybus X-Gateway and Siemens

Jonathan358

Hey guys,

Run into another program. This stuff don't get easy when you start from only knowing the basic of programing to the mid advance stuff.

Here it is. I got an anybus x gateway ethercat to Profinet I/o slave connected to s7-1515-2 via Ethernet cable. The problem I have run into is this. The input from Ethercat is output to the anybus xgateway seems to be in hex. So the byte I'm dealing with is byte 2. You will see from my picture it is showing an 01. Now this byte 2 is from the anybus to a photoeye from the Ethercat. When the photoeye is false is shows 01, but when it's true it shows 03. I'm trying to use this as an input use this to trigger an output to my s7-1515-2.

I have been trying to figure out how are you supposed to say 01 is off and 03 is on or vice versa. I was writing it in LAD, but I have a feeling you all might be telling me it needs to write in scl which I haven't really messed with much at all. I'm using TIA V15.1

First, the byte 2 in your Anybus corresponds to byte 36 in the S7, because byte 0 starts at input byte 34.

Second, the bits in a byte are numbered from 0 from the right, at least in the Siemens S7.

This means your sensor address should be I36.1 to the S7 because bit 1 is changing state.

7 6 5 4 3 2 1 0
0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 = 01 HEX

0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 = 03 HEX

Thanks for the help! One more question. Ok I need to take bytes 38 and 39 rearrange them and then combine them from hex to dec. It's for load cell data. So it was be 39-38 01b4?