Need help sending Emails using the1761-NET-ENIW

Lyle

Can anyone help place a message in a string data file so that it can be sent via email to the desired location.Any code using RSLogix 500 will be very helpful.

for sending emails you need to do only setup the ENIW module & program your controller with msg Inst which inturn sends to the Eniw module

I know that but i dont know how to change the length of the string in the data file.Steps in changing the length will be appreciated.Thanks.

Basic example of email with 1761-NET-ENI Series C and Micrologix 1200. 1500 will be the same. Series D has more features but is the same

Works
Enjoy
TW

You don't have to. Just open my example and goto ST9's data file. Click where it says "Put your string here", type whatever you want and press enter. It does the rest for you.

This is going to be dependent on network that it is being installed on. The quickest way to figure it out is ask the IT department.

Other options if for some reason you can't ask or don't have IT
Look in your Outlook configuration and find the SMTP server address. If it is an IP address you should be able to use it.

If it is something like mail.plcs.net (that isn't one) then inquire with the domain that is state as to which IP address could be used.

see the PIC

email1.JPG